I am a loving, emapathic and passionate birth doula.
I have mastered the art of following my intuition to put my knowledge into practice so you can get the best possible support in your birth journey.
My clients describe me as the calm in the storm, being both nurturing and grounding while staying focused on what lies ahead. I have a great sense of consistency, clarity and organisation.
You, your family and your birth experience are unique and it’s my practice to support your individual choices in a loving and respectful way. It is vital that you feel safe, loved and nurtured as you embark on the journey to birth your baby/s. I am here to support you and advocate for your needs with all my capacities.
I live with my beautiful family near Byron Bay in the Northern Rivers region of NSW, Australia. Bundjalung and Yugambeh country. I service all areas in the Byron shire as well as Lennox Head, Lismore, Muhrwullumbah, Ballina, Tweed Heads and the Gold Coast.
What I offer
As a birth doula I am your personal, non medical birth support.
I offer individualised educational, physical and emotional support during your pregnancy, birth and postnatal period.
Some days this might be a chat and a laugh or cry and on another it might be practical or physical support. Some things you may choose to be part of your individual birth support include:
- Support of your knowledge on how to safely birth your baby (i.e. personal birth prep. for you and your team)
- Unbiased support in making informed decisions through pregnancy, birth and early parenthood
- Clear picture of the choices you make and creating a unique Birth Plan
- Emotional support (overcoming fear, anxiety and embracing joy)
- Physical support (acupressure, movement, positioning for an optimal birth)
- Passing on my professional knowledge as a birth keeper as well as unlimited access to my birth library
- Alternative/natural pain relief methods
- Support in creating the perfect birthing environment, catered to your needs
- Nurishment (wholesome home cooked meals)
- Commitment to you and your birth
I'm prepared to stand up for you to support you in your choice and advocate for you. Ultimately support you in creating the birth you and your baby need for a bright future.
What my clients say
I had heard of the many great benefits of having a doula but little did I know just how much Sandra's support would impact my own birth. My pregnancy was unplanned therefore I had little idea what birth actually entailed, other than the unrealistic…Read more
Sandra is a warm hearted and fearless doula who approaches birth as a being the support system of the whole mother ( spiritual, emotional, social , mental and physical). She is an excellent communicator which allows for the most optimal connection to…Read more
We welcomed our beautiful baby girl Khloe on 30th November 2019. I had been told about doulas by my friends that had used them in the past and thought they sounded like a great idea. Now this ended up being one of the best decisions I’d made on my…Read more
Why do I need a Doula?
Studies show that in 95% of births doulas lead to a shorter labour, more spontaneous vaginal birth (lower chances of induction), less cesareans and instrumental births, fewer pain medication and epidural, less babies with a low 5min. Apgar score and overall more satisfaction with the birth experience.